Our CBD products
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of over 100 cannabinoid chemical compounds in the Cannabis Sativa plant. It is known as a phytocannabinoid and it interacts with a system in our bodies called the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is a network of neurotransmitters our cells use to communicate with each other. The ECS is involved in regulating memory, appetite, pain, mood to name a few. The CBD interacts with receptors already found in the ECS system (receptors called CB1 and CB2), and appears to positively influence our immune systems, pain management, inflammation, anxiety and insomnia.
CBD is non-psychotropic, which means that it does not give you the euphoric “high”, a usual association with the cannabis plant, and is not addictive. The phytocannabinoid called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is known for its psychedelic properties, but the levels of THC derived from EU approved hemp are below 0.2%. BeOlea products have a below 0.01% THC level (0.01% being the lowest level of THC detection possible).
CBD extract is usually mixed with a carrier oil (e.g. hemp oil). At BeOlea we have decided to use a blend of different carrier oils to provide additional benefits beyond those of CBD and hemp alone.
Whilst cannabis is classified as an illegal drug, CBD is legal in most countries around the world and in Europe. In Europe it is generally considered legal provided that the hemp has a THC level of 0.2% or below.
BeOlea full spectrum CBD oils have a level below 0.01% of THC (0.01% being the lowest level of THC detection possible) and is derived from streams of EU approved hemp.
Whilst it remains legal in most countries, at EU level there is an intention to classify CBD oils as a novel food, it is then up to each jurisdiction to decide how to implement this guideline in their respective countries.
We follow the regulations that pertain to us, however due to the big differences between countries we cannot reasonably comment on individual territories. Please research your territory for most up-to-date information to understand your laws and regulations.
The effects will vary person-to-person, and we recommend that you judge this by yourself. People use it for many different reasons, including general wellbeing and creating a natural homeostasis/balance in the body. Some use the oil for managing stress, anxiety and sleeping problems. Others use it for reducing pain and inflammation.
Our oils are to be regarded as wellness elixirs. CBD oil is not a medicine, and we do not market it as such. You should consult a doctor if you have special medical concerns to address.
This depends on your individual experience. Usually effects can be felt between 30 minutes and 2 hours and may last up to 8 hours.
First thing first, CBD and hemp seed oil are very different ingredients, although they are both beneficial in various ways to both skin and body.
As an active cosmetic ingredient, Cannabidiol (CBD) is known to have antioxidant, skin conditioning and skin protection properties. It also promotes the balance of the skin's natural oils, helping to control sebum production. Using a quality CBD facial serum or cream may help reduce inflammation and redness, showing promise for acne-prone skin.
Hemp seed oil boasts skin softening and conditioning functions, and is particularly rich in essential fatty acids that nourish both skin and hair and has been used in commercial cosmetics products for decades. (Source: https://www.ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/cosmetics/cosing_en)
Today, CBD is being researched as a molecule beneficial towards skin homeostasis. There are actually cannabinoid receptors in the skin and nerve endings (read more about the endocannabinoid system and receptors in our blog).
Improvement in skin barrier functions, alleviating inflammatory responses, and the relief of itching sensations are among the commonly expected benefits, which have been supported by many in vitro, in vivo, and clinical studies. (Source: https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9284/6/2/33/htm)
1. Make sure the ingredient list states 'cannabidiol'. This is the purest form of CBD and a recognised cosmetic ingredient (unlike ‘Hemp extract’ or ‘CBD oil’). EU cosmetics regulations require that ingredients be listed in decreasing order (of % content) and using scientific names (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients).
2. Contrary to CBD oils consumed orally, the efficacy of CBD in cosmetics is not directly proportional to its concentration. As with any active cosmetic ingredient, the amount of CBD in a cosmetic formulation is carefully determined on a product-to-product basis. Multiple parameters must be considered, such as interaction and synergy with other ingredients, product type and intended function, incorporation method, to name a few. Ultimately, the quality of a product's formulation, ingredients and manufacturing will define its efficacy.
Our BeOlea CBD skincare line has been formulated and produced together with a French cosmetics laboratory that follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)* and with years of experience in using cannabinoid in cosmetics.
* GMP guidelines provide minimum requirements that a manufacturer must meet to assure that their products are consistently high in quality, from batch to batch, for their intended use.
3. Check for third-party certification of the content and purity of the stated amount of cannabidiol, confirming that you are getting what you are paying for. For oils with full- or broadspectrum extracts, certificates confirming that THC is within the legally acceptable limits of your country, is strongly recommended.
At BeOlea, we are proud to offer you third-party verification on all our products. Simply Email us on email@example.com and write the batch number in the Subject line and describing your request.
4. We do not recommend purchasing CBD cosmetic products in transparent primary packaging. This ingredient can be light sensitive and decrease in efficacy if overly exposed to UV. For this purpose, at BeOlea, we carefully select our jars, bottles and tubes for the entire product range, and we offer additional beautiful packaging you can use to ensure darkness for your products at all times!